1. Introduction (Special Assistance):
Our employees are trained to assist our differently-abled passengers and for any sorts of limitations, we offer a wide variety of special assistance.
You can obtain information in advance regarding the assistance we offer, either through this website or by contacting our Call Center on +919871803333/ +919654003333.
Please be aware that there might be unpredictable circumstances such as weather or mechanical problems that may call for a last minute unavoidable change, but we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
2. Onboard Facilities:
Following assistance are available on-board SpiceJet’s aircraft:
- Assistance in moving to and from seats/lavatory.
- Help in preparation for eating.
However, we express our inability to provide passengers with any assistance for personal care needs on-board, such as, eating/ drinking, administration of medication, elimination functions including assistance inside the lavatory, or other personal care needs. If you require assistance with any of these, we recommend that you travel with a personal care attendant.
3. Seating accommodation and aircraft accessibility for differently-abled passengers:
We will do our best to allocate you a seat that is most suitable to your needs. However, in order to meet the safety requirements as prescribed by the DGCA, passengers with mobility limitations which make it unsafe to facilitate aircraft evacuations will not be given a seat in a location where they would obstruct emergency exits, impede the crew in their duties, obstruct access to emergency equipment or hinder aircraft evacuation.
4. Accessible Lavatories:
A lavatory with a single panel door is available on all our aircraft. Our cabin crew can provide you with assistance moving to and from the lavatory door but will not be able to assist you inside the lavatory.
5. SpiceJet offers special services for the following:
- Wheelchair users or passengers using wheelchairs (mobility assistance);
- Passengers travelling with crutches/ braces/ other prosthetic devices;
- Passengers with Visual Impairment;
- Passengers Travelling with Certified Guide Dogs;
- Passengers with Hearing Impairment;
- Passenger travelling with spinal support;
- Passenger travelling with an assistant for medical purposes;
- Passengers with intellectual/ developmental/ learning disabilities;
- Passengers travelling with Internal Medical Devices;
- Passengers who require a stretcher;
- Passengers requiring oxygen aid;
- SpiceJet would be more than happy to provide a wheelchair for you, should you require this service. In order to ensure the service meets your needs, our reservation team and/ or the staff may ask you some questions to determine the level of assistance you require. To allow us to provide the best possible assistance, please provide us with as much appropriate information as possible at the time of your booking and/ or at the time of check-in;
- SpiceJet wheelchair service is provided, with an attendant, at no additional charge to you. The attendant will assist in transporting you within the airport area, to the boarding gate and/ or the aircraft door (depending upon the airport facilities). Our team is trained in transferring techniques, and can assist if you are unable to transfer by yourself from the wheelchair to/ from your seat. However, to have this facility extended to you an advance intimation to SpiceJet is required;
- Please contact us at Call Center +919871803333/ +919654003333 should you have any questions about our wheelchair service;
- If you are travelling in a group of 10 or more people and require wheelchairs, please contact our Call Center =+919871803333/ +919654003333 at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure;
- Passengers travelling with their own wheelchair differently-abled passengers may use their own manual or battery-powered wheelchair up to the boarding gate and/ or the aircraft door (subject to permission granted by the respective airport authority). SpiceJet allows only manual/ collapsible wheelchairs on all its flights. Unfortunately, battery-powered wheelchair(s) with a wet cell battery shall not be accepted since it’s corrosive in nature and is considered to be a Dangerous Good;
Passengers are allowed to use their own crutches, braces and/ or other prosthetic devices up to the aircraft, and may board such items as cabin baggage, provided the passengers are dependent on them.
Passengers with Visual Impairment:
- SpiceJet would request passengers with Visual Impairment to check-in early for their flight (approximately 2-3 hours before the flight departure) for a hassle free experience;
- If assistance is required within the airport, please make your needs identified at the check-in and/ or at the time of booking;
- SpiceJet will be able to extend a meet and assist service, individual safety briefings, priority boarding, assistance on-board in moving to and from the seat, reading the menu, helping in boarding and/ or de-boarding and also during flight connections;
- If you use a cane and/ or other assisting device, it may be carried in the aircraft cabin with you, provided it can be stowed in the overhead compartment. The cane should not block any emergency exit or protrude into the aisle;
- You may ask our cabin crew for assistance in stowing and retrieving your cane in case it is not collapsible or if it cannot be stowed under your seat.
All such assisting devices will be carried free of charge. For convenience, you may request our Cabin Crew for the assistance required and we will do our best to assist the passengers in the best possible manner.
Passengers with Hearing Impairment :
If you require assistance during your flight with us, we encourage you to let us know how we may best assist you at the time of your booking or during check-in.
We offer the following assistance:
- Meet and assist service to escort you to and from the aircraft;
- Priority boarding.
We do not require advance notification if you wish to bring onboard hearing aid or assistive listening devices. These devices can be used during all phases of the flight.
If you plan to bring a transmitting device on-board, please advise us at least 48 hours in advance so we can ensure that it is compliant with the safety requirements.
Passengers must bring their own spinal support equipment and should be fully responsible for its installation, usage and removal. Passenger-supplied spinal support equipment will be carried free of charge. If you are planning to travel with Spinal Support Equipment (SSE), we recommend that you please contact us on +919871803333/ +919654003333, at least 7 (seven) working days prior to departure and inform us of your SSE specifications. Our staff will then check to ensure that whether your equipment can be accommodated safely in the aircraft.
For safety reasons, SpiceJet may require some differently-abled passengers to travel with a Safety Assistant that can provide them with assistance in comprehending and responding appropriately to safety instructions from the cabin crew and/or assist them to evacuate the aircraft in the event of an emergency. A Safety Assistant is mandatory if the passenger:
- Is travelling in a stretcher or incubator or requires medical attention during the flight. The Safety Assistant must be capable of attending to their medical needs;
- Is unable to comprehend or respond properly to safety instructions due to a cognitive or developmental disability;
- Has severe mobility impairment, due to which the passenger is unable to evacuate on his own in the event of an emergency;
- Has severe hearing and vision impairment and cannot communicate with our cabin crew.
- Passengers with Intellectual disabilities or Down syndrome or Autism can book their flights by contacting SpiceJet’s Call Center at +919871803333/ +919654003333;
- While making the reservation, please advise us about your specific requirements and the best way to approach and assist in travel;
- Passengers with intellectual disabilities or Down syndrome or Autism may be required to travel with an Accompanying Passenger.
- The trained attendant shall carry the treating physician’s certificate along with a prescription for a sedative medicine, which may be administered by the attendant, prior to commencement of travel or as may be required en-route.
- Passengers with psychiatric and/ or emotional disorders shall always travel with a suitable personal care attendant.
If you are travelling with an internal medical device, such as a pacemaker or a defibrillator, kindly inform us while making the reservation and also at the airport, to the security personnel conducting your screening, before the process begins.
- No person shall knowingly carry or permit to be carried, or connive at the carriage
of, a person suffering from any mental disorder or epilepsy in any aircraft.
- The above prohibition shall not apply if the person to be carried is certified by
a registered medical practitioner to be fit to travel by air without being a risk
to other passengers or to the aircraft, and in addition :
- has not taken or used any alcoholic drink or preparation within twelve hours of
the commencement of the flight;
- is kept under proper sedative, if in a state of excitement, during the flight and
stops en route; and
- is accompanied by an attendant, provided that in case he has been in a state of
excitement requiring sedation within the two weeks preceding the date of commencement
of the flight, he shall be accompanied by a registered medical practitioner and
adequate escort who shall individually and collectively be responsible for ensuring
that no alcoholic drink or preparation is taken by the person in their charge and
that such person is kept suitably sedated during the flight and stops en route.
- The fit to fly certificate must be issued at the most 48 hours prior to travel.
- Please note that the airline will not be able to offer the emergency exit row seats.
- If any assistance is required within the airport, please identify your needs preferably
at the time of booking or check-in. The airline would be able to extend our meet
and assist service to help in boarding, deplaning and also during flight connections.
A stretcher passenger is an ill/injured passenger who, because of their physical
or mental condition, can only travel on a stretcher fitted in the aircraft. Travel
on a stretcher is subject to prior approval, availability and payment of the applicable
Carriage of stretcher passengers on the international routes is not permitted.
Carriage of stretcher in SpiceJet flight is subject to certain restrictions as mentioned
- Stretcher cases will be accepted on all flights subject to feasibility of aircraft
- Clearance for all stretcher cases will be done by the SpiceJet Chief Medical Officer
and operations. There are charges associated with the carriage of stretcher passengers
which may be enquired for at SpiceJet’s Passenger Call Center numbers: from outside India: +91 987 180 3333, +91 965 400 3333; from within India: 0 987 180 3333, 0 965 400 3333.
- A request for accommodating stretcher case passenger must be made atleast 72 hours prior
to the flight departure.
- The medical form is available
here, which needs to be filled up by the patient’s treating doctor prior to
booking and sent to the SpiceJet Chief Medical Officer by email (email@example.com )or Fax (0124-3913888)
- Only one stretcher case per flight will be permitted.
- A maximum of 2 passengers (including the treating physician) are permitted to accompany
the stretcher passenger.
- The total free baggage allowances will be according to the number of seats paid.
However, each passenger will be allowed to carry only the single entitlement of hand
baggage and personal articles.
- Clearance from Medical Department has to be obtained.
- Stretcher case passengers and their attendants are requested to report early for their
flight (at least 90 minutes prior to the flight departure).
- The flight(s) on which the stretcher case passenger is being carried, may be rescheduled
for that particular day, as time would be required to fix the stretcher and necessary
equipment on board the aircraft.
- SpiceJet would be responsible only for the transport of the passenger by air from one
sector to another. Arrangements for and cost of all equipment/ medications/accompanying
medical escorts/ambulift facility etc., would have to be borne by the passenger.
- Important Notice: The distance between the cabin overhead panel and stretcher top
cushion is 2 feet and the height of the stretcher from the floor is 3.39 feet. Please
note that the stretcher is installed as per the manufacturer's recommendations as
specified in SpiceJet engineering manual and we regret that individual requests
for any alteration in installation cannot be met with.
- Assessment by company doctor/designated doctor (in stations where company doctor
is not available) just before departure may be required in certain cases, before
giving final approval. This would be mentioned by the SpiceJet Medical department
in the clearance accorded and communicated to the internal departments as well as
to the passenger representatives. A fresh MEDA form (giving details of passenger’s medical
condition) on the day of travel may be asked for in selected cases. If the passenger’s
medical status is noted to have deteriorated, as compared to the details provided
in the MEDA form, permission to fly may be refused. In all cases, the decision of
the SpiceJet medical department regarding the fitness of passenger to fly and the type
of escort required, will be final.
- The MEDA Form should be complete, accurately and legibly filled by the patient’s
treating doctor and faxed to the chief medical officer, at least 48 hours prior
to the flight. All medical details asked for must be completed. The passenger must produce
a certificate from his treating doctor certifying that he is fit to travel by air
and is free from any contagious disease as well as a detailed medical report from
the treating doctor.
- The indemnity bond should be completed and signed by the patient/his relative on
reaching the airport.
- After confirming fit to fly status, the doctor on duty will certify and fax the
MEDA form back to the departure station.
- Reporting for Stretcher Case passengers is 1 hour prior to departure of the flight.
- Relatives and passengers must also request their treating physicians to refer to the
'GUIDELINES' printed on the reverse of the MEDA Form.
- Due to security reasons, personal oxygen cylinders, oxygen concentrators, etc.,
will not be carried on board the aircraft.
- Cabin Staff are trained in first aid only and are not expected to render special
nursing care to critically ill cases. Cabin crews are not permitted to administer
injections or open physician kits which contain life saving drugs and equipments.
These kits can be opened only under instructions of Registered Medical Practitioners.
- No services such as urine bags, pampers, etc., will be provided by SpiceJet. Passengers
will have to make their own arrangements if they wish to carry any of these items.
- No medical support will be provided by SpiceJet. The passenger will have to be accompanied
by a medical escort (doctor, with minimum MBBS) or paramedical escort (registered
nurse) or non medical escort as per the decision of the medical department.
- Ambulift Facility will be provided by the airline, however, subject to availability
of the same, being provided by the Airport Operator. However, passenger or his relatives
may liaise with the respective Airport Manager for this facility well in advance.
- Ground and Transit oxygen arrangements are to be made by the passenger in conjunction
with the Airport manager or ground staff in liaison with AAI.
Carriage of Life Saving Equipment on Board for Passengers Requiring Medical Assistance
- Carriage of Life Saving and other Medical Equipment on Board will be permitted only
after getting clearances from Engineering, Security Departments.
- Manufacturers’ technical details regarding equipment, safety precautions if any,
procurement source, manufacturers contact details etc should be submitted at least
72hrs prior to flight.
- All equipment on board must be secure.
- The Treating Physician should give a certificate stating that:
- All equipments are battery operated (dry, non-spillable, sealed batteries only).
- The battery does not need to be recharged in-flight (no recharging facilities are
- The equipment is life-saving and will be required in-flight.
- It will not emit any electromagnetic radiation which could interfere with the communication/navigation
of the aircraft or aircraft equipment.
- There is an adequate supply of fully charged batteries, i.e., sufficient for 150%
of maximum expected flight duration. Additional batteries must be packed as per
- Guidelines for carrying life-saving equipment on-board to be followed.
- Ventilators and personal oxygen cylinders/oxygen concentrators are not permitted
on the aircraft.
Please find below the forms required for various medical conditions:
|Type Of Form
- Persons suffering from any disease, which is believed to be actively contagious and communicable.
- Persons whose medical condition may develop an adverse physical condition which could have an adverse effect during flight and on safety and emergency evacuation procedure
- Requirement of oxygen inflight
- Recent major illness
- Recent surgery or hospitalisation
- Use of medical equipment inflight
- Requirement of stretcher
- Newborns under 7 days
- Reduced Mobility – wheel chair users (Old age/ Arthritis/ physical disability – loss of limbs, paralysis/ neuromuscular disorders – multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy)
- Visually Impaired – vision loss to such extent where it requires additional support.
- Hearing Disabled – partial or total inability to hear
- Intellectual/ Learning Disabilities – IQ less than 70; due to mental/ physical impairments, for ex Down’s syndrome, cerebral palsy etc
- Requirement of stretcher
- Newborns under 7 days
For any assistance for booking and additional information please contact us at +919871803333/ +919654003333