NEW DELHI, 21ST August, 2013: : SpiceJet, India’s most preferred low cost airline, today announced the launch of direct flights between Pune and Sharjah. The booking for this sector is now open.
Commercial flights on Pune-Sharjah route will start from 21st Sep 2013. The airline will be deploying its New Generation Boeing 737-800 (189 seater aircraft) on this route. Pune is the third Indian destination to connect with Sharjah on SpiceJet network. The airline already operates on Varanasi- Sharjah and Lucknow- Sharjah routes.
The launch of a new direct flight between Pune and Sharjah will improve connectivity between two thriving business centers. Sharjah is the second destination for SpiceJet in UAE. The airline also operates flights to Dubai. The airline currently operates four daily flights to Dubai from Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Kochi.
SpiceJet has been rapidly expanding its global footprint in the recent past with the addition of several foreign cities in the Middle Eastern and Asian regions on to its network. The airline is also launching the Ahmedabad-Muscat flight from August 29, 2013.
The airline is offering an introductory fare of just Rs 6499/- one way (inclusive of all taxes) on the Pune - Sharjah route. Besides being the only one in the industry to connect Pune and Sharjah with direct flights, the fares offered by SpiceJet for Pune - Sharjah flight are attractive in the industry. Travelers planning for a trip between Pune and Sharjah can now book ticket through SpiceJet website (www.spicejet.com ) or via toll free reservations by dialing +91 987 180 3333 OR +91 965 400 3333.
SpiceJet is India’s preferred airline, with 17.5% of market share in Indian domestic market, delivering the lowest air fares with the highest consumer value. The airline currently operates more than 350 daily flights to over 44 Indian cities and 9 international destinations.
The city of Agartala, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Bagdogra, Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Hubli, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Kochi, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysore, Pondicherry, Port Blair, Pune, Rajahmundry, Srinagar, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Trichy, Tuticorin, Udaipur, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam and nine international destinations namely Dubai, Colombo, Kabul, Kathmandu, Riyadh, Guangzhou, Male, Muscat and Sharjah are connected using our new generation fleet of 41 Boeing 737-800/ 900ER aircrafts which are of the highest standard in safety and operating efficiency along with our newly acquired 15 Bombardier Q400 aircraft for enhancing connectivity to Tier II and Tier III cities.
- Voted as India’s Favourite Domestic Airline for the year 2012 by Outlook Traveller
- Voted amongst the Top 5 Best Budget Airline in Asia by Smart Travel Asia (2010, 2011 & 2012)
- India’s International Low Cost Carrier of the Year 2012 by Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI)
- India’s Most Outstanding Airline LCC-Domestic Award, by Travel and Hospitality ( Feb 2012)
- Awarded for Best Website at ‘World Low Cost Airlines Asia Pacific Conference’ (2010, 2011 & 2012)
- Voted as India’s Best Low Cost Airline by Outlook Traveller (2008, 2010 & 2011)
- CIO 100 Award in IT efforts for customer satisfaction and business growth category (2007, 2008 ,2009, 2011 & 2012)
- India’s best low-fare airline in a survey conducted by MaRs on behalf of Hindustan Times (Dec 2009)
- World Travel Market Award for multi-channel approach in distribution (November 2009, London)
- National Award (ICWAI) for excellence in Cost Management (March 2009)